Close this search box.

Student Insurance

Are you a Canadian resident studying outside your province or territory, or outside of Canada?

Are you an international student coming to study in Canada?

Inbound Students

International Students

If you’re coming from outside Canada to study here, it’s important to protect yourself with medical insurance. While many medical costs are covered for Canadians, that protection does not extend to international students.

Outbound Students

Canadian residents studying abroad

If you’re a Canadian resident studying abroad, your government health insurance plan may only provide limited “out-of-country” coverage, which may require you to cover expensive medical costs out of your own pocket.

National Students

Canadian residents studying within Canada

If you are a Canadian resident studying in Canada, but outside of your home province, a provincial government health insurance may only provide limited coverage if you get sick or injured. You may be responsible for expensive medical costs.

Some of the links provided on this page may lead to a third-party website. These links are provide for information and convenience only. The inclusion of a link to a third-party website does not imply endorsement or approval of the linked website or any products and services mentioned on the said website. We are not responsible for the availability, accuracy or reliability of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website.